Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm back again

Sorry that I have been so bad about posting lately. My father-in-law passed away October 2nd, just a few days after he had valve replacement surgery. While we are all mourning our loss we are also rejoicing in knowing that he had accepted Jesus as his Savior, and is now in Heaven. What a beautiful legacy to leave your loved ones.

He lived life to the fullest. He traveled to so many places and did so many things. He went on missions trips to many places, including Thailand after the big tsunami, to help rebuild. He and his wife rode in a balloon over the Serengeti. They went skydiving in their late 70's. And he skied all over the country...he loved to ski.

So, with all of that being said, our goal is to celebrate not just the life he lived here but also the life he now has in Heaven. I keep being reminded of the song "I'll Fly Away". The words of the song are:

Some glad morning when this life is over,
I'll fly away,
to a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away,
I'll fly away, O glory, I'll fly away;
When I die hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away.

When the shadows of this life have gone,
I'll fly away,
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away,
I'll fly away, O glory, I'll fly away;
When I die hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away.

Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away,
To a land where joys shall never end,
I'll fly away,
I'll fly away, O glory, I'll fly away;
When I die hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away.


I'd also like to say, "Thank you" to everyone that has been praying for our family. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day,

No comments: