Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Honoring Mom

I know that Mother's Day isn't quite here yet but it is awfully close. It's often hard to find a way to express the gratitude we owe to our mothers. I created this kit to be just one small way that we can create lasting memories to remember and honor our moms with scrapbook pages, bragbooks, cards and more. The kit is filled with pink and red carnations, beads, lace, and wordart about Mothers. I've even included the quote from Abraham Lincoln "All I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother".

I must say that I have been very blessed to have a wonderful mother of my own. She loved us, cared for us, and sacrificed things she may have wanted or needed to make sure that we had all that we needed. She was always there for us. And she was fun too. I didn't truly appreciate these things until I became a mother myself. What an eye opener. I challenged my mom far to often when I was a teen. Now, with teens of my own, I hear my mom's words emanating from my own mouth from time to time.

My mom wasn't born a good mom, it was something that she learned by watching her own mother, my grandma, who learned it from her mom, my great-grandma, and so on. Knowing how it be a good mother was something that was "caught" more than it was taught. In the age we live in today, this seems to be a bit of a lost art. So many kids are growing up spending more time each day in daycare and school than they do with their parents. No wonder so many struggle when it comes to being a parent themselves. If you're a parent, please take the time to spend time with your kids. I'm not talking about that "Quality Time" garbage either. Kids really do learn more by what is caught than by what is taught. They're always watching us. The future generations are counting on us to get this right. Let's leave a legacy of love that our great grandkids will be proud of.

So...don't forget to show your mom or grandma, or step-mom, or mother-in-law, etc. the love and appreciation she deserves this Mother's Day.

Mother Dear - elements
Mother Dear - papers
You can find it at My Store
Come back later this week for info. on 2 freebie QPs from this kit
Have a great day

No comments: